Thursday, January 10, 2008

The Raw Shark Texts - a work in progress

I have recently been reading the The Raw Shark Texts - what a revelation. A review will follow shortly, but I just had to say what a great book this is.

It starts in an interesting, although slightly unpacy way. It has a good helping of strangeness and a promise of more whether that be story or weirdness it isn't clear. The anticipation is there without an obvious route and outcome. And this is what the book delivers. As it moves on it lurches further into unfamiliar territory, every time I get to thinking I know where this is going (well, to be fair not always) it surprises me with.

I will not go on, other than to say that I have to wrench myself away from reading it before missing my stop on the train.

Other books I have read recently that I would recommend are:
The Undercover Economist
Hard Evidence
Rashomon and 17 other tales
Galileo's Finger

More later!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home